5. How do we combine capacity and cost?
Post-secondary participation is growing globally but particularly in Asia – how can this be done affordably?
- What methods of financing education and providing financial support to students are most/least effective in supporting access and equity?
- How are the opportunities presented by online learning to increase capacity being harnessed?
- What is the role of private higher education in increasing higher education provision?
- How does cost affect student participation?
- Do high cost regimes deter applications from students in low –income background or other under-represented groups?
- How effective are bursary/scholarship schemes in effecting equity and what are the best examples of such schemes?
- What does the evidence indicate regarding the relationship between cost and the behaviour of students from marginalised groups when they enter higher education?
- What new models are being developed that utilise emerging data sets to predict and understand student behaviour?
- What new models are being developed that utilise emerging data sets to predict and understand the impact of differing student finance policies on government revenue and spending?